Friday, February 11, 2011

We Did It!!!!

Now that the dust has settled and the longest 10 days of my life are over, I can gladly say that we WON the photography contest!

We were ecstatic to meet Meighen Snow of Mystic Snow Photography through mutual friends. We were even more ecstatic when she told us about her contest to win our wedding photography for free! She was such a trooper to brave the 17 degree day and do our engagement shots. I wanted something really different for our photographs and Meighen, KW and I both agreed that a Winter scene would be beautiful. It was indeed a magical day. The snow had fallen the night before and continued to fall during our session making for a great experience and some unique pictures. We spent time at the Bryn Du Mansion, in the same location our ceremony and reception will be held this October, and around our quaint town of Granville.
The photographs were nothing short of amazing!

Now, I don't normally get wrapped up in these kinds of things, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to enter the Mystic Snow Photography 2011 Wedding Contest. I don't typically enter any type of competition, because I will, most likely lose. It became even more crucial that we tried our best to win after we crunched numbers on our wedding budget. The harsh reality hit us that we might not be able to afford it.

I knew once we entered that we were up against some heavy hitters. All of the engagement photos that Meighen did were beautiful! She has this certain flair for really capturing each couple's personality, it was present in every picture. Our friends and family were nothing short of fantastic through the duration of the 10 day long contest. On one day alone KW and I had over 30 people posting about it to their Facebook walls, 30 PEOPLE! As the votes began to grow, so did my anxiety! But we couldn't have done it without the wonderful friends and family that stuck it out with us (some until after midnight on the last day). We left the contest with 707 total votes... incredible. My heart swells just thinking about it and I will never forget what everyone has done to help us! We will be eternally grateful!

We are thrilled that we get to work with Meighen again, and why wouldn't we be?! She was a joy to work with, and we are so looking forward to being with her again on Our Wedding Day!!!

The winning photograph!

Some of our other wonderful Engagement Photographs

Thank you again family, friends and of course Mystic Snow Photography!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you that you found a photographer you trust and admire. You'll treasure your pictures forever! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knows what's next? Grateful to be able to share your adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!