Thursday, February 03, 2011

How Sweet It Is...

One thing that I would love to accomplish from this blog is a section where I can highlight some of my favorite vendors. My goal is to post a Vendor of the Week every week!

One of the most important components of our wedding plans was, of course, the CAKE. I have a sweet tooth that not many can compete with, and a great tasting cake was of the utmost importance to me. What's a wedding without cake?? We were lucky enough to meet a wonderful couple through KW's sister and brother-in-law. Heather and Daryl McClain of McClain Creations are not only adorable, but fantastic cake bakers. They definitely gave us a feeling of family as soon as we walked in the door. A few weeks ago we sat down for a tasting and were more than impressed. The Chocolate was to die for! As we sat and talked about our cakes, Daryl quickly got to work sketching.


Here's a Sample drawing of our cake
The bottom tier will be chocolate, middle will be cinnamon and the top white. The edges are actually little rolls of chocolate. We plan to top the cake with flowers. Honestly, it was a great experience and I highly recommend McClain Creations to anyone. They also did a couple of cakes for Scarlett's 3rd birthday this past January.


Aren't those so cute, they were delicious too!


Go check out McClain Creations
McClain Creations

Or "Like" them on Facebook
 McClain Creations Facbook Page

Have a great day and Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!