Wednesday, February 02, 2011

First Post. a Welcome!

Hello everyone! 
Bear with me, I am totally new at the blogging game. I know it might take a few tries to really get things in order. I wanted a place where I can begin to develop ideas for my own wedding, and maybe help others along with the process. Wedding planning can be quite a chore, a mission, a labor of..... well, LOVE! I'm doing my entire wedding mostly by myself, no wedding planner or stylist. It's just me, with a little help from my friends and family. 

So the first question you have to ask is: Where do I begin? I'm engaged, so now what?
Stop looking at that sparkler on your finger and get organized! Yes, I said it, organization is the key. Go out and buy a binder (I prefer mine with multiple pockets) and a few wedding magazines. 
Maybe you've had a vision since you were a little girl. Use that inspiration. Go with it. Most importantly, think about the time of year you would like. Think about your theme. No, not as if you were planning some crazy Mardi Gras party, your theme. 
Is it casual and relaxed? Are you a crafty DIY (do it yourself) bride, and willing to take on the full load? Are you that elegant princess bride that pulls out all the stops? Do you want something trendy or something a little more vintage? Once you have your general ideas, start pulling images and compile them into one space. 

Here's where things can get tricky: Do you have a budget?
I'm not going to lie, wedding can get spendy and those expenses add up fast. You as a couple need to sit down and look at your budget. How long do you have until the wedding? How much money can you save every month until then? Get an idea in your head of a number and start there. 

The Knot has a great budgeting tool that is very user friendly.

'Tis the Season: A great time for Wedding Shows and Bridal Expos
It's no question, the majority of engagements happen between the holidays and Valentine's Day. So, the majority of wedding expos happen the first few months of the year. If you don't know where to start, go there... run! Here's one of the most helpful hints: if you sign up for something at a vendor booth, they usually offer some kind of discount through the show... sometimes up to 25%. And there are always great giveaways and door prizes! Here's a few coming to the Central Ohio area



Good Luck and Happy Planning!

Oh and of course... here's a tidbit for Kevin and I. We just entered a photography contest to win our Wedding Package for free. Please vote!


Like this page and go Like Couple #3... that's us!!!








1 comment:

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!