Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Fallin' In Love

Writing this blog has very much been a work in progress. After a (needed, but not necessarily wanted) hiatus, which included my becoming unemployed, I am back to the wedding grind.

My followers, even though they are few, have been asking me to update this blog. After my posting about themes and the first steps to planning a successful wedding, I realized that I left everyone high and dry about my own wedding.

When KW and I first got engaged I knew that this was my moment! I could put together the wedding that I have been dreaming up for a very long time. First thing, I always knew that I wanted to get married in the Fall. I am an October baby, and I think it just goes with the territory that Fall is my absolute favorite season. After much deliberation we decided on October 29, 2011 as our date. I wanted late Fall and I got it! We are having our wedding at the beautiful Bryn Du Mansion in Granville, Ohio. I've been in love with the Mansion since I helped put on the Bicentennial Gala there several years ago, and I knew that it would be the perfect place for us.

I am not your typical bride... at least I don't think. I want our wedding to speak about the two of us, while including our family and friends and ones we hold most dear. My inspiration for the ceremony and reception are vintage themes, and slightly classic, with a touch of fall harvest and whimsy thrown in. KW tells me that I have too many ideas and I need to narrow it down, but I think once it's all put together it will be a lovely event. How can it not be?

We were lucky enough to book the beautiful garden on the Mansion grounds for the ceremony. A backdrop of fall foliage, lots of candles and minimal decorations will set the tone. The ceremony itself will be slightly traditional with some personal touches. I want it to be casual, but elegant so we have some non-traditional music picked out, much to my mother's dismay, for the prelude and the entrances. My vision is a little Beatles, Van Morrison and perhaps something a little fun and upbeat to close with. The plan is to write our vows together, although my nerves are making me a little hesitant, but I think it makes the ceremony even more special and unique. I'm actually working on writing most of the ceremony myself and hopefully whomever we choose as an officiant won't mind too much. Honestly, I want it to be heartfelt and maybe even a little fun.

The color palette is, of course, very fall themed in nature. I am using rich jewel tones in the flower arrangements and bouquets. Everything from magenta, oranges, dark purples, pinks, yellows and golds. And there will be lots of Cinderella pumpkins and woodsy type branches to finish it off. My six attendants will be in a chocolaty brown dresses of all different necklines by Alfred Sung and the flower girls will be in pale pink.

Stay tuned for details on the reception...
and happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!