Monday, August 01, 2011

rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes

If you know me well, you know that I am a huge lover of the Grateful Dead. Today just happens to be the birthday of their own Jerry Garcia! This morning I started thinking about my favorite Grateful Dead song, Scarlet Begonias {I even posted a video of it}. Some people would argue that Jerry and Robert Hunter wrote this song about their first meeting with Janis Joplin, I could totally believe it.

I started thinking as I listened to the song lyrics how wonderful and beautiful a scarlet begonia themed wedding would be! Vintage, a little hippie, reds and lots of flowers would have to set the tone...



madefromscratch.com


vintage dress from Planetclairevintage @etsy


cute save the date from blue pool road


reds and pinks and hearts from pinterest

"She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls
I knew right away she was not like other girls"
 
 

hair flowers from etiquette.com
 
 
If you don't already know it, isten to the song here, maybe you can feel the inspiration from the lyrics! 
Have a Happy Jerry Day! 
 



Happy Planning!
-M

2 comments:

  1. Now this is something I'm sure not too many others have thought of... what a cool concept! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always find extra inspiration from music!!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!