Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 is the magic number

Well, here I am, three months away from wedded bliss! Or something along those lines, at least.

I'm going to be honest and tell you that I haven't been accomplishing too much since the last time I posted. Remember the list? It just keeps getting longer. At this point I am still trying to get all of my ducks in a row, tie up some of these last minute details and in the midst of all of this... get a job.

Yipes!

Lately, I have been quite focused on the little girls in our wedding party, picking out the dresses and thinking about styling them. In fact, KW's sister and I have been planning a little photo shoot with them. Did I mention there are SEVEN in our bridal party? That's right, four flower girls and three junior maids. We are very blessed to have such a large family, and we couldn't think of a better way to share this special day with our nieces! Really, how could we choose? We can't. So everyone gets to play a part!

The dress situation did pose a problem at first. I wanted the girls to look similar, but when you range in age from 15 all the way down to 5, it can be a struggle. Luckily, I had KW's sister volunteer to spend a day with me searching for something that would compliment them. I cannot wait to see these beautiful girls done up and in these gorgeous dresses!


for the junior bridesmaids from mybridaldress.com

for the flower girls from sweet kids

My other thought was, what would they be doing? Obviously the little ones will throw the petals, but I think the older girls would be almost offended. Teenagers, right? I'm only kidding! Then, it dawned on me, I am completely obsessed with lavender! So much, that I plan to add some of it along with the tossed rose petals, just for a little something extra. Now, I'm not going to give too much away, but here is my inspiration for the older girls. I think it will look lovely against the pale pink dresses, don't you?

pinterest

I am so in love with the lavender bouquets. At least the wheels continue to turn, as I continue to find inspiration. I will definitely showcase the bridesmaid dresses soon. Next on my list... who knows?
Happy Planning!
-M

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of lavender with the pink dresses! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!