Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Working Hard or Hardly Working

When I was in high school I worked with two of my best friends at a coffee shop. It really was the best job for a teenage-something after school. Coincidentally, this shop was also owned by my father. He would walk up to the three of us girls, who were typically sitting out on the front patio during the slow times, with one hand in his pocket... shake his head and laugh.

"So girls, are we working hard, or hardly working?"

This old adage has stuck with me for years. Dad, you can be proud of the hard work we put in today!

My mother and I spent the better half of this afternoon assembling the Save the Date cards for our wedding. We ordered them from Hallmark a few weeks ago, and the clock is ticking now to get them out. My mother is very clever, and decided after received them, that they need a little something extra. Lucky for me, she had some leftover vintage velvet ribbon and the Hobby Lobby is close by. We got to work with our little assembly line cutting ribbon, adhering stamps and jewel enclosures, printing envelopes and fixing magnets in their proper place.

I couldn't be more pleased with our results!


Our project begins in the laundry room

Where I added stamps, on top of the washing machine

The assembly begins

Aren't they gorgeous!?!



We have several more projects in the next few months, but at least we can cross this one off the list!
Happy Planning!
-M

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get mine in the mail! They look lovely!! You're going to cherish these kinds of pictures once 2011 is gone and all you can do is look back! I was in such a rush to get married I didn't think of stopping to document the preparation process. You'll never regret the extra effort, but I know you already know that or you wouldn't be doing it. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!