Friday, July 22, 2011

Procrastination will get you nowhere

The sweltering inferno that is Central Ohio has me feeling rather lazy today. But, I figure today is as good as any to stay inside and make a list of the To Do's that I need to accomplish before the next few weeks come to an end. It is not time to procrastinate! Unfortunately, that is exactly what I've been up to the last week or so. I didn't realize until I looked at the calendar that we are almost THREE months away from Wedding-palooza 2011 {3 months and 1 week to be exact; is there an app for that?} eep! And thus, the list begins!

ain't that the truth


1. Find An Officiant
Ok, you may be asking yourself... are you nuts?!?! And I may very well be. We cannot get married unless we have someone to marry us! At this point I have no clue what we are going to do. I was raised Catholic and KW was raised Baptist, we need some middle ground here, any suggestions are welcome of course. I have the entire ceremony in my head {and a lot of it typed up too} I need someone who is a good speaker, someone we really jive with on a spiritual level to give a nice prayer. Mostly, I want the ceremony to speak about us as a couple, not your typical cookie cutter "do you take her to be your wife..." stuff

2. Pick Out Groom/Groomsmen Formalwear
At least we have a bit of a handle on this. My mother and I went and scoped out some nice looks last week. Nothing too stuffy of course! Now we need KW to buckle down and go take a look himself. I will cut him some slack, he has been away for work... oh, the last three months. My thought is a nice suit, something that will look good with the stunning chocolate brown frocks my maids will be wearing.

3. Rentals
Ahh yes, the one thing about having the ceremony and reception in a beautiful {and convenient} mansion right in town, is the lack of furniture. It's not exactly full-service, but does provide a few essentials.
We will need chairs for the ceremony and reception {or can we move them from one site to the other?}
We are looking at a tent, since who knows what weather cards late October will be playing.
A dance floor maybe.
Linens
Etc etc etc...

4. Make all the essential appointments: Hair, makeup, nails

Boy, the list just gets longer and longer the more I think about it! I might need to take a break and go through my ceremony planner, bridal mags, love sonnet books and receipts...


behold, my workspace


What's left on your list?
Happy Planning!
-M

2 comments:

  1. I love you Morgie!! When are you going to become an official wedding planner??? Love Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't tell everyone where you went after you posted this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!