Friday, July 01, 2011

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!

Wedding are always evolving! Brides (and grooms, of course) are taking great care to add more creative touches to make their wedding unique and special!

Today, I want to post my Top 10 list of what is hot for the 2011 bride. Last year it was all about peacock feathers, photo booths and classic elegance. This year, it seems as though brides are leaning more towards vintage flare, and I expect it to stay that way for a while. So here we go...

1. Billy Balls
I have seen this small flower everywhere, and why wouldn't you use it? The color is great and it adds such a nice addition to any arrangement. They even look great all by their lonesome!

from compaiblog

2. Peonies
Ok, I'm a little stuck on flowers right now! As much as I love the Billy Ball, the peonies have a very special place in my heart too. I think they are so fresh and elegant looking. They make great filler flower too! The cost on these, given the right season, won't empty out your pocketbook.

from pinterest

3. The Shoe Pic
Every bride wants to look great, from head to toe, on their wedding day! The wedding shoe shouldn't have to play second fiddle to the dress (well... maybe not). I will be the first to admit that I picked out my shoes well before I purchased, or even thought about what I wanted to wear for the dress.

from wedding whimsy

4. The Dress
There are two for this category, only because I have seen both so many times this year and they are so lovely. First is the Fit and Flare gown. The modification of the traditional ball gown, lending itself to showing off more of the bride's silhouette, but still full at the bottom.

vera wang for david's bridal

Secondly, who could forget how lovely Kate Middleton looked on her wedding day?! Lace dresses are popping up all over. I think because brides love the vintage look and feel, and the beauty that lace can possess. Spoiler alert: the first few dresses that I tried on were all lace. I knew {thought} that I wanted lace, but that was ultimately not what I ended up with.

what a beauty

5. Patterned Bridesmaids
I love this look! Such a cute idea, especially for a Spring or Summer wedding.

from wedding chicks

6. Vintage
More brides are letting the past speak to them! I am seeing more and more vintage loving brides give a nod to the fashion of the 40's 50's and 60's. Birdcage veils, vintage hankies, bright lips, flapper dresses= stunning.

true vintage inspiration from le frufru

7. The Candy/Dessert Bar
I have a bonafied sweet tooth. This idea is definitely right up my alley! Candies, cookies, cupcakes! *sigh* Give me a plate!

ailene tran

8. Ribbons
Whether you are using them for a backdrop, or for the flower girls, ribbons are adorable.

style me pretty

9. DIY
Do it yourself. Brides are showing their talent and getting crafty. I bought this book a few weeks ago and there are so many fun projects, I felt so inspired after flipping through the pages.

grab this book!

10. The Hot Shot
Last, but certainly not least. Brides and grooms are always looking for that one perfect shot that they can blow up and frame. The shot that captures the true spirit of their love!

doesn't get better than this! from style me pretty

I am truly getting more and more excited and inspired every day! I can't wait to add some of these special touches, and some of my own, to my wedding to KW. Looking forward to everything that day has to offer!
What will you add to your wedding?
Happy Planning!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you! If you have feedback or suggestions you can let me know right here!
Or just tell me you stopped by!